Global Talk Show
High-level Global Talk Show: Towards a “Hepatitis-free future”
On 28 July, WHO will celebrate World Hepatitis Day 2020 under the theme “Hepatitis-free future” and launch the new recommendations for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of the hepatitis B virus (HBV).
Join high-level speakers and experts from WHO, member states, key partners and civil society to hear about the progress towards elimination of viral hepatitis as a public health threat.
High-level speakers will include:
· Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General
· Her Excellency Mrs Sika Kaboré, First Lady of Burkina Faso
· Dr Kalumbi Shangula, Minister of Health and Social Services, Namibia
· Dr Osagie Ehanire, Minister of Health, Nigeria
· Mrs Amira El Fadil, African Union Commissioner for Social Affairs
· Dr Alioune Coulibaly, Board of World Hepatitis Alliance
· Dr Tshidi Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa
· Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh WHO Regional Director for South-East Asia
· Dr Ren Minghui, WHO Assistant Director-General Universal Health Coverage/Communicable and Noncommunicable Diseases
· Progress and challenges towards prevention of mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B in the WHO African Region and globally.
· Service disruptions and impact on hepatitis services due to the COVID-19 pandemic
· Highlights from all WHO regions towards viral hepatitis elimination
· Highlights of the new WHO guidelines on the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of the hepatitis B virus.