Dr. Mohamed T. AL Karkhi
Dr. Mohamed Thiyab Al Karkhi is working as consultant psychiatrist in National Rehabilitation Center / Abu Dhabi / United Arab Emirates. He was assistant Professor of Psychiatry who studied at Baghdad Medical College, Baghdad University. He has extensive expertise in the field addiction (more than 20 years). He was awarded an M.B.Ch.B in Baghdad in 1981, and MD Psychiatry from Baghdad University ( F.I.C.M.S) in 1994. He has qualification from ( 4 years study ) Hamburg University / Germany as psychotherapist in Child &Adolescents / 2004- 2007. He has Diplomas in Cognitive Behavior Therapy ‘CBT”/ Al Emirates College/ UAE/ 2015.
Dr. AL Karkhi/ Consultant Psychiatrist, has been working at the National Rehab Center as a Consultant Psychiatrist since March 2007 , he is licensed by HAAD/ UAE . He graduated from Baghdad Medical College/Bagdad/ Iraq/1981. He has a decorated CV “ F.I.C.M.S. June 1994 (MD in psychiatry) ;Psychotherapy , Hamburg- Eppendorf University /Germany/Recognized European Curriculum/ Nov. 2004-2007& Post graduate Professional Clinical Diploma in Psychological Skills and Competencies Mental Health and Cognitive Behavior Therapy/ AL Ain /United Arab Emirates University/ Nov.2014.
He had posts on the Iraqi Board Council in Psychiatry, Assistant Professor in Psychiatry at Al-Mustansria Medical College/Iraq and has published researches to his name in the field.
AL Karkhi, currently, is a decorated leading a strong team at the busiest unit of the National Rehabilitation Center, namely our Motivational program and tasked with the adolescent program at the Juvenile Welfare Center.
ADDICTION; PTSD; Adult & Child psychiatry; and Teaching & Training in Psychiatry.
- Consultant Psychiatrist at National Rehabilitation Center/ Abu Dhabi/ UAE 2007- till now, serving the psychiatric patients who are suffering from addiction / all ages / male and female.
- Consultant Psychiatrist & Head of Psychiatric Unit, Al-Mustansiria Medical College / Al-Mustansiria University, since 1998 -2006 , Baghdad, Iraq.
- Consultant Psychiatrist & Head of Psychosocial Support Center (1st in its type in Iraq) / Al-Yarmok Teaching Hospital since Feb. 2004 -2006 , Baghdad.
Dr. AL Karkhi have more than 12 researches (published) as:
- Al-Karkhi M.T. Abed et al ;Trace elements among Iraqi Psychiatric Patients. Accepted to publish /Journal of Basic Medical Sciences/College of Medicine/Al-Mustansiria University/Ministry of Higher Education& Scientific Researcher No. 78 at 2/1 /2006.
- AL-Karkhi M. T. et al ;Psychiatric disorders with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).Published in Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations (JABMS ) Vol.6,No2,P161,2004.
- Hazim A. Razak & Mohamed T.A.AL-Karkhi l; Depression in Type 2 Diabetic. Published in Iraqi Journal of Community Medicine, July ,2004; Vol. 17(3) P 239.
- AL-Karkhi M.T. et al ; Deliberate Self-Harm (DSH) with self poisoning.Puplish in Iraqi Journal of Community Medicine, July 2003, vol.16 (3),P. 223.
- Al-Karkhi M. T. et al ; Autonomic nervous system Dysfunction in IB Syndromes Published in Iraqi Journal of Community Medicine ,July , 2003 , vol. 16 (3) ,P. 199.
- AL-Karkhi, M.T.; Depression and Life Events. Published in Iraqi Journal of Community Medicine, Jan .2002; vol.15 (1), P.97.
- AL-Karkhi, M.T.; Depression and Quality of Life Quality. Published in Iraqi Journal of Community Medicine, October 2002; Vol.15 (4), P102.
- F.I.C.M.S. June 1994, (MD, Psychiatrist) Fellowship of the Iraqi Commission of Medical Specialization in Psychiatry / Iraqi Board.
- Psychotherapist, November 2004-2007, Hamburg- Eppendorf University/ Germany.
- Postgraduate /Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behaviors Therapy), United Arab Emirates University/ AL AIN/ UAE/ 2015.
- M.B.Ch.B / July 1981, College of Medicine, Baghdad University.
- International Member in American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP); Membership of European Psychiatric Association& Member ISAM.
- Honors: First Candidate ;( MD, FICMS); Iraqi Board Examination/ part one 1991).
Phone: +971 2 306 0113
Office Address: 70163 W7